Required Education: Bachelors or equivalent
Pay rate is flexible
*** Meeting with managers will update with more insight on the role and bullets to look out for**
FX Networks is seeking an editor with multiple years of experience editing in different genres, formats and lengths. They should have finished trailers, tv spots, and promos and be able to execute and edit spots in all social formats. They have a talent for pacing, storytelling and sound-design and push themselves to show their originality, point of view and style. They are self-starters and self-motivated editors but collaborate well with producers and creative executives while carrying out the shared direction and ideas of the team.
They are responsible for executing a wide range of editorial projects, including: episodic promotions; launch campaigns; acquired & original movie promotion; network marketing & ad sales projects.
Necessary skills include: graphic design editing and compositing; music editing, mixing, and sound design; color correction and finishing. They must have technical acumen in film, video, audio and visual effects post-production. They must possess the skills to take a project from inception through final delivery.
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for U.S. salaried and hourly non-union employees, as well as all Staff Augmentation/Agency Temporary workers placed on an assignment at a U.S. *** location.
• Working solo or in collaboration with a writer/producer or creative executive, deliver promotional materials that are creative, engaging, effective, on-brand and delivered on deadline.
• Projects include all forms of marketing materials. Specific skills required include: ingesting, script review, brainstorming, editing, selecting, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, music editing and mixing, sound design, sweetening, on-lining and deliver of promotional materials.
• Manage projects from start to finish, including archiving footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with motion graphics and design staff, operations and scheduling, fellow editorial colleagues, and outside resources
• College graduate preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing post production editorial and/or commercial editing. Experience finishing trailers, tv spots, promos and ability to execute and edit spots in all social formats.
• Creative and technically skilled with a thorough understanding of network television promotions and editorial procedures.
• Must be savvy in Avid Symphony and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment. Familiarity with show scripts, dailies and story-based editorial techniques.
• Proficient in applicable software applications: Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
• Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, troubleshoot creative challenges and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
For this job Email to : nithyavathy.sundaresh@First-PS.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org