First Professional Services
First Professional Services is currently seeking a Family Services Specialist, for a non-profit organization, in the Newport News, VA area.
Schedule will be 8am to 5pm, M-F.
Salary is $14 – $15 per hour, based upon experience and qualifications.
- Monitor individual and household development plan goals through information and assessment of client background.
- Processes intake applications for necessary community resources and diversion.
- Create individual and household development plans.
- Prepare and maintain confidential case records/files and document all interactions with clients, by entering data into EmpowOR Client Management System.
- Receive, prepare and complete various forms, reports, correspondence, case records, client activity reports, service plans, assessment instruments, needs assessments, purchase orders, invoices, applications, funding reports, charts, or other documents.
- Utilize MS Office, e-mail, internet and other computer programs; performs basic maintenance of computer system and office equipment, such as replacing paper, ink, or toner.
- Perform general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, entering data into computer, typing documents, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail and other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Sociology, Human Services, Psychology, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 1-year of related experience in public assistance program administration.
- Experience with program eligibility evaluation.
- Must possess experience working with public housing residents.
- TANF and VIEW program experience preferred.
- Expertise in MS Office-Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license.
- Willing to consent to the performance of a criminal background check, driving record and credit report.
First Professional Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, First Professional Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com