Fast learner and has worked as an assistant for two school years Have several years of experience with writing, editing, and important computer applications. A desire to grow in the entertainment industry and took initiative already to shadow a reporter. Deserves and wants an opportunity with this company.
Washington State University (WSU) Graduation Date: May 9, 2015
BA: English (Creative Writing)
· Studied abroad in Tokyo, Japan at the International Christian University from September 2012 to July 2013. Intermediate level and conversational in Japanese.
· Layout editor of Lightheaded, a single volume journal for my editing and publishing class at Washington State University.
· Published in the student journal Sunscape at Washington State University.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and can use both Mac and PC computers well. 55wpm.
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
Portfolio Website: http://akinaryder21.wix.com/akinaryder
Tech Assistant September 2013-May 2015
· Organization: Washington State University (Pullman, WA) at the Language Learning Resource Center (LLRC).
· Supervisor: James D. Martin
· Technology Coordinator: Cecil Williams
I assisted with technical projects or problems with the lab for the LLRC. Often I worked on different projects with the Techs and they ranged from building a computer and setting it up in the lab, to updating computers and working on movie projects so they can be streamed online and accessible to students. Assisted James Martin with Moodle, the main website used for the foreign language classes at WSU.
Cashier June 2015-December 2015
· Organization: Fred Meyer/Kroger (Kennewick, WA)
· Manager: Lisa Thorpe
Rung up grocery items for customers and bagged their items. Stopped working there December 2015 to move to Los Angeles, CA.
· Shadowed Gina Lazara at KEPR TV in the Tri-Cities, WA on July 27, 2015.
Professor of English at WSU: Peter Chilson Phone: (509) 335-7309
Supervisor of LLRC: James D. Martin Phone: (509) 335-3034
Manager at Fred Meyer: Lisa Thorpe Phone: (509) 735-8700
August 2011 - May 2015
Bachelor's Degree of Arts at Washington State University
September 2012 - June 2013
Conversational in Japanese at International Christian University
June 2015 - December 2015
Cashier at Kroger/Fred Meyer
September 2013 - May 2015
Tech Assistant at Washington State University/Language Learning Resource Center