Karen Noushig Abkarian
A results oriented professional with progressive HR experience in a rapidly growing environment. Strongly focused on benefits administration, employee relations, HRIS and process improvement.
Areas of Expertise:
• Employee Relations • Benefits Administration • Open Enrollment • Process Improvement
• HRIS • Recruitment • Onboarding• Policy Development • Compliance • Performance Review • Payroll
mOcean, Los Angeles CA March 2016 –May 2016
Human Resources, Generalist
· Responsible for onboarding, payroll, HRIS, and benefits administration.
· Successfully improved the onboarding process using a cloud based solution.
Legendary Entertainment, Burbank, CA July 2007 – March 2016
Human Resources, Specialist, April 2014 – March 2016
· Improved benefits administration through implementation of a cloud based HRIS and carrier connection feed.
· Partnered with Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel to develop new policies for employee handbook.
· Responsible for successfully onboarding over 200 new hires as a result of four acquisitions and internal expansion.
· Responsible for overall Human Resources support for over 240 employees across 6 companies.
· Partnered with health insurance brokers to implement and broaden benefits programs while ensuring ACA compliance across all business units.
· Handle all benefits administration including all aspects of open enrollment.
· Responsible for payroll administration for 260 employees.
· Conduct new hire orientation.
· Oversee entire internship program. Improved former process by bringing in speakers such as directors, film makers, writers and other inspirational industry professionals and provided networking opportunities.
· Source, recruit, interview and select candidates as needed for various positions across all business units.
· Proactively address business and HR issues and concerns by partnering with business unit executives and participating in process improvement teams.
· Maintain company organization chart with PeopleFluent.
· Responsible for employment agreement management, including raises, bonuses, amendments, expirations and renewals.
Executive Assistant to COO, CFO & General Counsel, October 2012 – April 2014
Senior Administrative Support, July 2007 – October 2012
· Managed all aspects of frequently changing international and domestic travel for two C-Level executives.
· Handled all corporate account management, establish new vendor relationships and negotiate terms.
· Worked with outside counsel during company restructuring, liaised with investors and unit holders, reissued unit certificates and maintained unit holder log and all associated contracts.
· Scheduled quarterly board meetings with high profile board members and investors. Compiled all documents needed, coordinated dial-in and WebEx for international investors.
· Liaised with a variety of high level individuals including investors, board members, bankers and other key executives where confidentiality is critical and the tactful handling of sensitive situations are vitally important.
Right Home, Los Angeles, CA August 2001 – June 2007
Realtor, May 2003 – June 2007
Executive Assistant, August 2001 – May 2003
· Created decks for listing presentations. Used analytical skills to prepare listing presentations that included market comparables for potential listings.
· Reviewed all marketing material.
· Researched a variety of products and vendors to be featured on the Company’s Cable TV show.
· Rolled calls while managing 12-line phone system with heavy call volume.
· Coordinated meetings, maintained calendar and coordinated all travel.
· Gained ability to anticipate needs and provide support quickly.
· Created a document system that became the Company standard, thereby enhancing records access and ensuring that all necessary legal forms were executed.
Saro Trading Company, Burbank, CA July 1998 – August 2001
Customer Service & Sales Representative
· Part of team that consistently set sales records at trade shows, thereby increasing Company’s bottom line.
· Trained new hires and oversaw daily operations.
· Reviewed marketing materials and quarterly catalog before print and distribution.
Education, Affiliation, Certifications and Proficiencies
California State University of Northridge / Bachelor of Arts
Member of SHRM & PIHRA
SHRM-CP Certification in process
Certified Notary Public
Microsoft Office Suite
BA at California State University
March 2016 - May 2016
HR Generalist at mOcean
July 2007 - March 2016
HR Specialist, Executive Assistant to CFO and COO at Legendary Entertainment