Kenneth R. Woolston
I am a uniquely qualified individual seeking a position that will take full advantage of talents, experience, and education. With consideration to my leadership and administrative qualifications forged in the diverse fields of engineering, professional audio and video, non-profit, and retail, I feel I offer in myself a wealth of valuable experience. My education affords another powerful addition to my qualifications through a unique field of study and critical analysis within the Social Sciences.
Asst. Mgr./ Purchasing, Tailwaggers – Los Angeles, CA June ’14 – Current
As an Assistant Manager at Tailwaggers, I have had responsibilities ranging from Sales Team leadership, ensuring positive customer experiences, as well as acting as Inventory Supervisor and Purchasing Manager for our West Hollywood store location.
Major responsibilities include:
• Weekly and Monthly sales goals accomplishments for a sales team of 6 individuals as well
as overall store sales goals.
• Main store representative to customers.
• All product purchasing and inventory administration for the West Hollywood location.
Manager, AT Center – Los Angeles, CA March ’07 – June ’13
As the Manager of the AT Center, I acted as the primary representative of the organization to over 5k monthly site visitors seeking recovery from alcoholism and addiction. As Manager, it was my responsibility to engage with a very diverse community to ensure that the Center creates a safe, secure and harmonious environment for all those suffering from alcoholism and addiction that choose the AT Center as an important part of their recovery program.
Other responsibilities include:
• Hiring, training and management of approximately 10-15 member volunteer staff.
• Accounting of daily cash receipts
• Inventory administration; vendor relations
• Facilities administration and maintenance
Owner/Operator, Dupre Printing – Los Angeles, CA Jan. ’03 – June ‘06
Owner and Operator of a private printing company specializing in music art and photography reproductions. Special focus on poster-size image reproductions ranging from 11”x17” to 64” x 96”. Responsible for all administrative elements as well as operation of printing and scanning.
Equipment and software specialties:
• Epson P-Series Large Format Printer
• Epson P-Series Large Format Scanner and Flat-bed Image Capture
• Adobe Photoshop Pro
Senior Consultant, Ove Arup & Partners – Los Angeles, CA April ’98- Dec. ‘02
As a Senior Consultant at Arup, I acted as a Project Manager for the firm, shepherding major construction projects from Schematic Design through to project completion/sign-off.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Audio and video systems design, engineering and architectural integration
• Principle discipline lead from project inception through SD, DD, CD phases
• Discipline lead throughout Construction Administration
• Bid specification and administration including specification of all A/V equipment, bid initiation
and management of bid process and contract negotiations
• Construction administration including review and approval of all change orders, creation of
installation punch-lists, system sign-off
• Major projects include: UCLA Westwood Replacement Hospitals, Soka University,
Wieden+Kennedy Headquarters, DeLoitte & Touche Los Angeles Conference Center, Long Beach City College Math & Science Building, Chapman University Business School and Law School Buildings, Skirball Cultural Center – The Great Hall, St. John’s Medical Center.
Sales Administrator, Encore Productions – Las Vegas, NV Jan. ‘97- March ‘98
Major focus centering on professional audio and video systems installations at hotels and casinos including:
• Distributed audio systems
• Post production digital audio and video editing systems
• Large-format digital video systems including LED and CRT technologies
Responsible for administration of entire sales process including systems design and product specification; contract negotiation between client and equipment manufacturers; systems installation and construction administration.
Inside Sales Administrator, Sony Electronics B&PPG – Cypress, CA June, ‘93 – Dec. ‘96
Responsible for administration of all contracts and purchases plus client relations on a daily basis for major Western Division corporate accounts including Walt Disney Imagineering, The Disney Stores, Disneyland, The Walt Disney Company, Sony Music, and Sony Pictures. Focus on working closely with National Sales Managers to handle daily account administration needs and to act as primary daily contact for all accounts.
University of California – Los Angeles August ’13 – June ‘15
Degree: Bachelor of Arts – Gender Studies Graduating Magna Cum Laude; Dean’s List
Los Angeles Community College August ’10 – May ‘13
Degree: Associate of Arts – Liberal Arts & Science Graduating with Honors; Dean’s List
(all transcripts available upon request)
Aug. 2013 - June 2015
BA - Gender Studies at UCLA
Graduating with Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Aug. 2010 - May 2013
AA - Liberal Arts & Sciences at Los Angeles Community College
Graduating with Honors; Dean’s List