1724 N. Edgemont St.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Intelligent, dynamic professional with over three years’ experience in administration, reception, billing, data collection and record keeping. Highly adept at interpersonal communication and skilled at prioritizing multiple time-sensitive tasks. Proficient in accounts and office management, and accustomed to working effectively in diverse environments. Focused, meticulous, and assiduous.
The Cooper Union –Administrative Assistant to the President
· Collaborated with the director of operations to orchestrate major events including Commencement and Board of Trustees meetings at elite nonprofit New York City college.
· Managed president’s monthly expenses and travel arrangements, and communicated with students and faculty regarding meetings and events.
· Performed extensive and varied office duties including answering phones, greeting guests, maintaining faculty files, and processing invoices in the college president’s office.
The New York Observer –Assistant to the Vice President
· Regulated and updated delivery drivers’ routes and circulation figures by analyzing costs and profits with circulation manager of the weekly periodical.
· Created new Manhattan delivery routes for the February 2007 re-launch of the newspaper.
· Developed new systems for tracking revenue and sales of circulation department while also developing streamlined techniques for office maintenance and billing.
Beranbaum Menken Ben-Asher & Bierman LLP – Office Manager
· Managed civil rights law firm’s operating, escrow, and payroll accounts through direct contact with partners, clients, and bank representatives.
· Filed documents in court and in the office, and researched court cases online for relevant decisions.
· Answered incoming calls, screening and documenting potential clients for partner evaluation, and administered office calendar, finances, supplies, and general upkeep.
Vanderbilt University – Research Project Videographer
· Videotaped middle school math classes throughout the city of Fort Worth for instructional quality assessment by graduate students studying math curriculum development.
· Acted as the sole representative of the university, visiting numerous area schools to collect data from instructors and film classroom activities and student-teacher interaction.
· Recorded pertinent information regarding classroom discussion topics and student demographics for research study geared toward improving national math curricula.
Bent Tree Psychiatric Associates – Receptionist
· Managed office appointments of psychiatry and therapy patients in person and via phone in high-volume medical office.
· Acted as intermediary between psychiatrists and patients in dealing with scheduling, billing, prescriptions, and sensitive medical issues.
· Maintained patient files, intake forms, and other vital office records.
The University of Texas at Austin
B.A. in Anthropology with English Minor, May 2004
Mac and PC Proficient; Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks; Advanced oral and written Spanish.