Broadcast Technical Operator/Production/TV/Traffic/Director
Maila A. Damian
A career providing further development of professional media skills with potential for advancement.
Experience with Grass Valley, ENPS, Aurora Playout, Prompter, Duet Chyron, Eagle, Cameras, Harris, Mediator, Dalet, ProTrack, Evertz, RTS, Matrix Plus, Magnum Vue
Hands-on experience in all aspects of digital operations.
Fluent in Windows & Mac OS, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop).
Familiar with SAP, Xytech, Access, Outlook, Citrix Applications, MS Project, Photoshop, XML, Flash, and various video codecs.
Experienced with various professional audio and video production equipment.
Editing: Avid, Premier, Adobe Photoshop
Internet: Netscape and Internet Explorer, basic HTML and Java applications
University of St. Thomas 1994-1998
Bachelor of Arts Major in Communication Arts
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Temporary)
NBC Universal, Universal City, CA 2016
• Interact with/support the Entertainment Production teams including Producers, Production Managers, Entertainment Managers, Show Directors, Music Directors and Design team.
• Maintain and update production calendars, schedules, meetings and status reports.
• Provide pertinent information for all projects and events.
• Attend appropriate Creative Entertainment Production meetings.
• Schedule and coordinate rehearsals, load-ins, and strikes by confirming all elements relating to development and execution of projects or events.
• Support the Entertainment Production team in the procurement of research materials, the gathering and coordination of presentation materials, and the preparation of authorizations and purchases.
TECHNICIAN/GRAPHICS OPERATOR/DIRECTOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/CAMERA OPERATOR
LATV 18, Los Angeles, CA 2015
• Directed, TD and prepared show rundowns. Continually review rundown and scripts for updates.
• Pre-recorded reporter or anchor standups before live broadcast.
• Pre-recorded all news preproduction before live broadcast.
• Executed live news broadcast in a clean manner.
• Pre-recorded news and promos in between newscast.
• Pre-recorded morning sports, traffic, weather, entertainment reports and reporter standups for next day.
• Operated character generator for both live and non-live events.
• Created graphic art for both live and non-live events.
• Edited episodic promos for promotions department.
Supervise and/or independently set up and operate control room and studio in order to facilitate productions.
• Calmly and accurately punched multiple cameras, CG and prompt lighting & audio cues
• Guided camera, jib and robotics operators to establish shots as required by production needs
•Troubleshooted production equipment, including switcher to ensure proper functionality for the day’s production.
BROADCAST MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR/ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/TD
Time Warner Cable Sports, El Segundo, CA 2012-2015
• Performed all playback and monitoring Master Control functions, for SportsNet and Deportes (Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, Traffic, HS and College Basketball).
• Checked and double-checked Daily Broadcast logs for correctness and accuracy to ensure all assets air correctly. Ingest/QC shows, promos and commercials before air.
• Maintained all “on-air” and discrepancy reports and troubleshoot technical issues in Master Control, as well as have the ability and composure to perform in an emergency on-air outage situation.
• Performed Assistant Director and Technical Director functions during Live events/games.
TECHNICAL OPERATOR/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/INGEST (Freelance)
Univision, Los Angeles, CA 2013-2014
• Loaded and edited playlists, ingested content, quality control of “on-air” and ingested content, transmitter control, and maintaining station and EAS logs.
• Checked and double-checked Daily Broadcast logs for correctness and accuracy to ensure all assets air correctly.
• Maintain all “on-air” and discrepancy reports and troubleshoot technical issues in Master Control, as well as have the ability and composure to perform in an emergency on-air outage situation.
• Performed Technical Director functions during Live news/show.
TRAFFIC COORDINATOR 2010-2012
Digital Kitchen, Culver City, CA
• Managed the overall campaign/media insertion process for AT&T Buzz, Sports, Front Row, HD Showcase, CH400 and U-verse Movies…schedule shows with promos and commercials.
• Experienced using the graphical Integrated Traffic Management System – Pilat Media IBMS
• Maintained detail calendar of media launched with flight dates and times
• Main liaison between company and our outsource ad ops partner
• Interacted and coordinated with internal departments, clients, vendors, and agencies to ensure successful campaign delivery
• Interfaced with Programming Producers to strategize specific programming schedules
• Ensured conformity of the ad operations and trafficking process based on industry practices
• Used internal workflow systems to communicate with team and facilitate launches
• Supported team and client with day-to-day operational concerns, with focus on providing excellent customer service
• Ensured media deadlines are met
• Monitored and troubleshoot ad delivery issues, optimize campaigns as needed and provide ongoing quality assurance support
• QC media submissions and troubleshoot issues that may occur while the campaign/orders are in progress
• Reconciled campaigns and send detailed activity reports as directed
Disney Channel/ABC Media Networks, Burbank, CA 2005-2010
• Operated and ensured accurate and error-free broadcasting of all programming and related assets in a 24/7 broadcast schedule for SD and HD Disney Channel, Toon Disney, ABC Family, Soapnet, and BVT.
• Checked and double-checked Daily Broadcast logs for correctness and accuracy to ensure all assets (programming, promos, ads, bugs, crawls, tickers, pillars, snipes, closed captioning, SAP) air correctly.
• Operated video switcher and automation-assisted system for on air program presentation.
• Operated broadcast transmission equipment according to FCC regulations.
• Maintains FCC logs according to regulations.
• Experienced with record machine operation; QC procedures and operation of waveform monitors, vectorscopes and audio scopes; server operation and database input.
• Proficiency with on-air channel origination systems including Harris Louth automation, MassTech on-air and archival technology and Harris IconMaster and Logomotion channel branding systems
• Operated video recording and playback equipment using various formats including Beta SX/SP and SD/HD file servers.
• Operated satellite downlink equipment ensuring proper signal quality.
• Familiarity with on-air automation software, including the accurate ingestion of program, commercial and promotional material into file servers.
TECHNICAL OPERATOR (Freelance)
World Television, Los Angeles, CA 2004
• Directed and TD for newscast in a high pressure, time sensitive
• Knowledge of studio production duties, cameras, lights and news tape playback.
• Operated and optimized digital and analog equipment, including routing switchers, audio boards and video switchers.
• Ensure accurate and error-free integration of live programming and live cut-ins by working closely with in-house and remote production staff.
• Knowledge of video and audio signals.
• Detailed oriented and be able to manage multiple events simultaneously.
• Received and recorded satellite feeds, ensuring accurate TV programming. Knowledge of Traffic, TCD, ASC and Pinnacle.
BROADCAST OPERATIONS ENGINEER/AUDIO/TAPE/MC OPERATOR/PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
CBS (KENS TV 5) and NBC (KMOL TV 4), San Antonio, TX 1998-2003
• Performed Studio and Control Room production functions.
• Assisted in Live Remote productions, Live News and shows.
• Recorded satellite feed (uplink and downlink).